TOOLLEEN COMMUNITY PLANNING GROUP
The Toolleen Community Planning Group has been involved with projects for the local community since 2009.
The group was set up by the Shire of Campaspe as part of their program to bring local people together, to decide on how they want their community to develop and then to work with them to achieve those objectives. Some funding was also provided. The Toolleen Implementation Plan was developed and many of the objectives have been achieved.
For such a small community these are significant achievements but these cannot continue without the active participation of a broad group of community members.
For any enquiries or to express your interest in joining the group please contact Judy Kopunovic on 54336320, email Frank Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For further information on the Shire of Campaspe’s Community Planning and to see the full Toolleen Implementation Plan and fund balance, go to –www.campaspe.vic.gov.au/live/community/community-planning/
Achievements to Date:
- Organisation of a pizza night to conduct the community survey for community plan objectives.
- Organisation of several community events such as sausage sizzles to celebrate completion of town entrance signs, fingerboard signpost and district map.
- Creation, promotion and administration of the Toolleen website www.toolleen.vic.au
- Update of the Community Implementation Plan – 2013 to 2015, 2016
- Assisting the Mt Pleasant Football Netball Club with Community Planning funds towards the completion of the new change rooms at the Netball Courts.
- Instigating better management of the Waste Transfer Station and facilitating meetings between residents and Shire of Campaspe officials regarding issues and resident concerns. Requested recycling of waste metals be included.
- Upgrading of the Wayside Stop – creation of garden beds, re-surfacing parking area, designated parking area fence and the addition of historic artefacts.
- The development of a walking track behind the wayside stop by the Mt Pleasant Landcare Group.
- “Spotlight on Toolleen” afternoon highlighting local businesses, wineries, community groups, and several very talented local individuals.
- Installation of two new town entrances – both very different but eye-catching.
- Engaging with Telstra for the installation of a plaque signifying the importance of the “telephone tree” to the lives of the early residents and feature floodlighting of the tree.
- Creation of a Toolleen banner to promote the area to tourists on special occasions.
- Consolidation of road signs at the corner of Northern Highway and Cornella-Toolleen Road.
- Fingerboard signpost and tourist map at the Wayside Stop.